simon sinek life rules by Gaurav

 


Simon Sinek life rules 


today am directly pasting Simon Sinek's life rules.  hope you will enjoy.


Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working for something love is called passion. I think one of the mistakes that people make Is they think purpose comes from their job. I have been added whatever for so many years and when then I lose my job or I retire. I now don’t have a sense of purpose because I have so closely so associated my worth with the job I did. I knew what my job was I had a  sense of purpose. And one wonders if those things are conflated. which is I had a sense of purpose for my job and when I didn’t have the job all of a sudden I sense I woke up in the morning didn’t know what to do. The purpose is not your mos. Your purpose is not your saw gunner. Your purpose is not the job that you wake up to do every day. Your purpose is something BIGGER. I have two rules that you can follow you.

    

simon sinek life lessons by gaurav


Simon Sinek rule no 1 is find your spark.

Find your spark and bring your spark to life. The first is to go after the things that you want. Let me tell you a story. So a friend of mine and I went for a run in central park. The roadrunner's organization on the weekends, hosts races. And it’s very common at the end of the races they will have a sponsor who will give away something. Apples or bagels or something. And on this particular day, when we got to the end of the run there were free bagels. And they had a picnic table set up and on one side was a group of volunteers. On the table were boxes of bagels. And on the other sides a long line of runners waiting to get the free bagel. So I said to friend lets get a bagel. “Nah, that line is too long” and I said, “free bagel” and he said, “I don’t want to wait in line” and I was like “ free bagel” and that’s when I realized there are two ways to see the world. Some people see the thing that they want, and some people see the thing that prevents them from getting the things that they want. I could only see the bagel, he could only see the line. Because the rule is you can go after whether you want. You just cannot deny anyone else to go after whatever they want. You don’t have to do it the way everybody else has done it. You can do it your way. You can break the rules. you just can’t get in the way of somebody else getting what they want.

simon sinek life lessons by gaurav


Simon Sinek rule no 2 take responsibility


In the 18th century there was something that spread across Europe and eventually made its way to America called puerperal fever. Also known as the BLACK DEATH OF CHILDBED. Basically, what was happening, is women were giving birth and they would die within 48 hours after giving birth. This BLACK DEATH OF CHILDBIRTH was the ravage of Europe and it got worse and worse over the course of over a century. And this doctor was made a science wanted to study and try and find the reason for this black death of childhood and so they got to work studying, and they study the corpses. And in the morning they would conduct autopsies. And then in the afternoon they would go and deliver babies and finish their rounds. And it wasn’t until somewhere in the mid-1800s, that Oliver holmes realized that all these doctors who were conducting autopsies in the morning, weren’t washing their hands before they delivered babies in the afternoon. And pointed it out and said guys you’re the problem. And ignored him and called him crazy for 30 years. Until finally, somebody realized that it they simply washed their hands, it would go away and that’s exactly what happened. When they started sterilizing their instruments and washing their hands the black death of childbed disappeared. The lesson here is, sometimes you’re the problem. Take accountability for your actions. You can take all the credits in the world for the things that you do right. As long as you also take responsibility for the things you do wrong. It must be a balanced equation. You don’t get it one way and not the other. You get to take credit when you also take accountability.


simon sinek life lessons by gaurav


hope you liked this blog. met in another blog so stat tuned. lets  become successful together. thanks for reading my blog

Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts